The 1998 Orange Bowl was played on January 2, 1998 and served as the Bowl Alliance’s designated national championship game for the 1997 season. This 64th edition of the Orange Bowl featured the Nebraska Cornhuskers and the Tennessee Volunteers. Tennessee came into the game with an 11–1 record and #3 AP ranking, whereas Nebraska came into the game with a 12–0 and #2 AP ranking. Notably the #1 ranked Michigan Wolverines were not a participant, as the Big Ten champion was still obligated to appear in the Rose Bowl.
NEBRASKA VS AKRON
- Hot seat roundtable: How Ed Orgeron can save his job August 20, 2018
- Ed Orgeron debuts in initial 2018-19 hot seat rankings August 20, 2018
- Lawyer: Battery claim vs LSU's Davis retracted August 20, 2018
- Maryland announces plans to honor McNair August 20, 2018
- Badgers WR Cephus takes leave as charges loom August 19, 2018